Monday, April 19, 2010


This month my husband and I are finally realizing our dream of owning land. With the help of my dear parents, we will soon be calling almost 30 acres in the middle of Maine our home! I've created this blog to share our lifestyle and experiences as we build a beautiful home on this lovely land.

The stream is one of my favourite things about this property! It's wide, somewhat deep, and clear - with a sandy bottom and a beaver dam. We own both side of the stream, and have grand plans for a foot bridge and swimming hole.


The land is mostly wooded, but there are patches of cleared land, where the sun comes down and the earth swells up to meet it. We will be erecting our yurt in one of these patches of sunlight, others will be used eventually for gardens, a wood kiln, and bright solitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment