Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dzisiaj


Today my husband left for a fishing trip up north. He’ll be gone for a few days, and I’m hoping to spend my evenings with a growing stack of books, my typewriter, and of course with Yarrow and Luba, chasing chickens and burying our fingering in their soft feathers.

Today the skies are heavy gray, and the threat of rain is still looming over us. I pray for our radishes, which I desperately want to pickle, that they don’t get too much rain.

Today is the third day in a row I haven’t bothered lighting the stove. I can hear a pine boring beetle munching away in one of our logs. I want to burn him up but the evenings are too warm for a fire.

Today I’m collecting images of my intended hair-cut. Turning them over in my mind again and again. I like it.

Today is Wednesday, the middle of the week, St. Joseph’s day. I have too much to do in the muddy ground. This evening, waiting for the weather to turn, I’ll be drinking tea and dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment