Monday, March 21, 2011


This past week has been absolutely beautiful! On Friday our temperatures were up above fifty degrees, the sun was bright and warm, and the air was so freash and clear I spent half the day with the door windows open just to clear out the scent of woodstove and replace it with all the scents of springtime. I collected full buckets of sap from our trees and discovers small patches of ground peeking out from the snow - it was thrilling.

The snow is melting everywhere - we are down below a foot in some areas, and I'm rediscovering things long buried. I'm already starting to make predictions as to when we can begin work on the road, the garden, and the kitchen, but at the same time, I'm trying to immerse myself in this early aspect of spring, the newness of warmth and the lovely dripping sound of melting all around.

We had a huge, bright full moon on Saturday. So bright I hardly slept, and each time I woke up and saw the brightness of the sky, I was certain it was early dawn. The coyote's loved the light, they sang and played all night, keeping me company as I lay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment