Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm out away from my land this weekend, watching my little brother graduate from college. Graduations, I think, are a strong argument against continuing education. A year out of college I had thoughts of going on to graduate school, but occasional exposure to siblings' graduations, and graduate school stories, or sitting in on classes, has successfully kept those thoughts buried. While it would probably help me develop discipline, I don't think I would enjoy the process as much as I used to imagine I would.

My husband stayed home on this trip, to work and enjoy, I hope, some time alone on the land - Bathing in the stream and making bonfires of our brush piles. I'm looking forward to my homecoming - seeing him, and the changes he and the springtime have brought to the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment