Friday, August 19, 2011

Teatimes

I am always attempting to add an afternoon tea to our daily life. It's easier in the winter, when the need and desire for tea is constant, the stove is always on, and life is generally a bit more confined. In summer I struggle. But a break in the day, a time to sit back and refresh is essential, a time for tea is an opportunity to reconnect, to add reflection to the afternoon hours and revitalize the day. Tea, I think, is more appropriate than coffee because feels like more of a restful beverage.

This week I managed afternoon tea a few times, which was wonderful. We watched the moon waning when the nights were clear enough, picked the first ripe tomato of our late season and bought a car. The Saturn I'd been driving couldn't pass inspection without costing more in repairs than it was worth, so my husband found me a fantastic '94 Subaru with 4-wheel drive, much better suited to life on our little road. I'm happy to know that I won't have to spend half the winter trapped at home. I have a car that can handle snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment