My look needs a bit of an update. In general, I like the theme I'm going for, sort of 'just off the boat' old-worldy, mixed with bohemian..but in practice, I tend to look more like what I am: 'lazy homesteader'. So I'm re-doing my wardrobe, starting today. The intentional look stays the same, and everything that doesn't fit, goes. So, here are the principals:
- Toss everything I'm only partially thrilled with (n.b. 'tossed' can mean either 'cut up and reuse' or 'donate' .. if the fabric is worth saving, I'll throw it in the sewing pile).
- Have 'work' clothes, 'good' clothes, and 'better' clothes..and don't clean the chicken coop in anything but work clothes!!
- Don't buy anything halfheartedly. It has to be amazing - adjust to having fewer clothes.
- Don't hold onto clothes I don't love to wear.
- Never go out looking slummy: this includes yoga pants. Since most of my skirts have been sliced on blackberry thorns or burnt on the stove, I've been a bit of a lazy dresser. No longer!
- Get the poppies tattoo! Nothing helps update a look like some new ink, and I've been planning this one for months. I'm setting an appointment Monday.