Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Poppies and Christ

        
I've been promising photos of my newest ink..
 

 


Seth and I went together two days before St. Valentine's - to the artist we adore. My crucifix is old (my first tattoo). I got it at 18, in a Detroit studio, with giggling, uncomfortable friends, and a taciturn artist. John has started going over it to connect Christ  better with His poppies. 

Poppies symbolize death and resurrection, and the blood of Christ. Mine will be red someday, but right now I like seeing them as open lines - with Jesus nestled among them. 




2 comments:

  1. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. Your tattoo artist is amazing. It'll be neat to see how he combines the poppies with the crucifix in the long run. I love the way they sweep out from behind and around it, and the blossoms are so graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was so excited with it when I saw what he was doing! The design is all him, with some input from me and Seth... :)

    ReplyDelete