Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What to say...

I've been away from the blogs for a while now.. My gardens are planted and growing, my yard is at least partially in order, my ducklings and sweet chicks are turning into proper birds. And my blogs are languishing.


Summer is always a lovely time for reflection and growth in my life. So fresh and alive! I feel as though I want something from my blogging that isn't there right now. Bear with me while I work out my own frustrations and uncertainties.

Last Friday, Yarrow and I smothered my anxieties and boarded a plane for Michigan, hoping desperately that we wouldn't crash and die or fulfill any other of my deep-set fears about planes. The flight was lovely. I dozed and prayed, and prayed again..Yarrow gently encouraged the plane to "slow down you silly plane!" and "go up into the sky again! You can do it!" We made it in one piece and spent a weekend celebrating my father's retirement. Congratulations on about a billion hours of work, Dad!



Yesterday, after another flight in which we succeeded in not dying, we landed in Portland, where Seth was waiting to take us home. It's good to be home. To see my garden bursting with new growth, and my house all tidily waiting for me. Seth had done dishes and neatened up for me, and he made us welcome-home burgers with our own bacon and lots of avocado, as well as home made chips! 

* * * * * 

In Piekno itself, I feel as though my sense of blogging wants to shift slightly here..I would  like to write more directly about some of the issues I've been reflecting on almost obsessively these past couple months..I feel as though the time spent close to nature here at my little domestic monastery is encouraging me to build a mind more and more linked to the wildness on the edge of all good things, and that this perspective might be an interesting one. At least for me to read responses to..I would like to bring out more recipes, both for food and for the natural remedies we use at home, and I would like to have space to share more guest posts as well.



Not a big shift, as you can see..but slightly, as my own life is shifting slightly right now, towards a fuller and more creative immersion in our way of life.

2 comments:

  1. That. Is. The cutest. Picture. EVER!

    Glad you succeeded in not dying; it was good to have to two of you home for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Masha! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer a question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete