Friday, August 12, 2011

I love coffee. I love it black, and with cream. I love cappaccinos, espressos, and lattes, cheap diner coffee and gourmet blends. Coffee makes me think of late night conversations with smoke and music all around. I love tea too. Black tea with little cakes, or lots of toast. Tea feels more solitary to me, I have it good books and snow all around, or curled up on the couch watching the dog play on the floor.

On Fridays now I plan to share some thoughts, recipes, and reflections on my favorite hot beverages as well as taking time to look back on the week that's gone by.

This week's been a rainy, solitary week for us, for the most part. Petka and I spent a good deal of time on the land, weeding small patches between rains and reading. A moose hung around the front garden for a while on Tuesday, tormenting Luba with the prospect of "the biggest friend ever," and making me wonder whether I would shoot the moose if she started stealing from the garden (I decided I would and then felt overwhelmed by the idea).

The weekend is looking a bit overwhelming, apparently, this is the wrong time of year for introversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment