Friday, September 2, 2011

Cappuccinos I have known

I visited the cafe where I used to work. The improvement in the espresso bar is amazing! My cappuccino was one of the best I've had, with a lovely pile of froathy milk on top and just a hint of nutmeg. It even came in a real mug, which might have just been a concession to my tastes, but one I was grateful for. The owner has been practicing her drinks, and I could really tell. A good cappuccino is hard to find.

The nights here have been so chilly - I can feel autumn rushing in. It makes me feel pressured to secure the homestead as quickly as possible, but also a bit helpless before the power of nature. When I'm not feeling helpless, I realize that there really isn't much that must be done before winter. My husband has been stacking firewood in abundance, we're already well beyond what we had in October of last year, with plenty that needs only to be split and stacked.


An animal has eaten away most of our summer squash. I'm trying to figure out how to stop him before we loose it all and he moves on to other vegetables. We have an over-abundance of zucchini right now, but after this weekend, when I make relish, we'll have next to none. I want to make a double batch to ensure we have enough for ourselves and to give to greedy family, who all love it as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment