Monday, August 26, 2013

Today

Today I am..


Feeling..slow..Seth is home and I've got a couple hours of cafe time to write without interruption..but my brain won't work..too much pressure? I think it's actually caffeine
withdrawal..
I'm missing my pre-retreat 6 cups a day more and more as the month passes away.
Seeing..the prettiest little latte at the next table over - all shiny foam and creamy espresso.
Smelling.. my neighbor's latte, all my papers, and lingering incense on my clothes, it's a lovely combination.
Tasting..cold water and pickles - making me excited for the winter's growing supply of canned produce. I canned 16 jars of pickles last week, four jars of dilly beans, and 7 jars of blackberry-lime jam, I can't wait to be tasting them when the snow flies.
Listening.. to an old man two tables away tell his friend about the girl he loved in college. It's interesting, and it makes me wonder what I'll be reflecting on in 30 years.
Grateful...for the time away to write and think and work on amending all the drafts I have written and piled together in my notebook.
Reading.. Rilke's Prayers to a Lowly God. It's nice to finish off my retreat with Rilke's quite voice in my head.
Loving..my husband, for being willing to take on a rough afternoon with Yarrow. She's been having nightmares off and on the past couple weeks, they always leave her un-rested, crabby, and sad the day after.
Hoping..for a way to continue most of my retreat throughout the fall; and a slower, simpler, quieter season on it's way.





1 comment:

  1. I miss coffee SO MUCH. Even though I've had it a couple of times in the last week, out of sheer desperation...

    ReplyDelete